Out Of State Hunters, Please look at the video page.
We cut all game meat boneless & wrap for 2 people in vacuum seal.
ALL animals need to be completely gutted and skinned.
This should be done within 1-2 hours of killing the animal for best results. BONE SOUR happens when this is not done quickly enough.
Bone sour can and has happened even in the snow……
SKIN your animal QUICKLY!
Tips for Hunters, from the butcher
- Gut your animal immediately, including throat, bladder & rectum
- Start skinning your animal within the first hour
- Wash your animal with clean water after skinning
- Let your animal dry completely
- Wrap your animal in a dry cloth “no plastic”
- Do Not piece out your animal, leave it whole. For out of state hunters see the video link page on how to remove the spine
- Do Not pack with ice, use Dry Ice only if weather is extremely warm (this is normally not necessary if you hunt Sept-Dec)
- Do not remove blood shot areas, we will do that when we cut it
- Cutting your animal into pieces exposes the “good” meat to air, dirt and bacteria. You will loose more meat if animal is pieced out!
- Leave the tendon attached on the hind legs to hang it properly
Properly Gutted, Skinned & Cleaned animals that are left whole will yield the most meat possible. Animals that are not gutted and skinned quickly enough risk “Bone Sour” Keeping your animal clean and free of hair and dirt will also help you yield a better finish weight.
JERKY– Teriyaki, Pepper, Cajun, & Original
(No jerky for Bears, Birds, & Wild Hogs)
Smoked Hams offered for Wild Hogs only
Smoking of Whole Game Birds
We offer many sausages for all game animals, including
Ducks, Pheasants, & Geese (Bird Meat must be boneless)
Fresh Bulk Sausages – Breakfast, Chorizo, Italian & Maple
Special Sausages – Breakfast links, Italian links, Maple Links, Kielbasa, Hot Links, Bratwurst, British Bangers, Polish Sausage,
Smoked Bratwurst, Smoked Polish, Hunter Sausage, Salami,
Summer Sausage, Pepper Stix, Teriyaki Stix, HOT Teriyaki Stix,
Cheddar Jalapeño Stix, Thuringer, Linguica, Andouille, Hot Dogs, Cheddar Jalapeno Summer Sausage & (NEW!) HOT Teriyaki Stix
BOLD = most popular items